Drone technology will bring unprecedented disruption to transportation. HS-Drone knows how to make that happen!THE PARADIGM
The paradigm is that train cars and aircraft fuselages, alike, can generate substantial flight-generating lift. The implications are huge.
INFRASTRUCTURE DRAMATICALLY REDUCED
SERVICE DRAMATICALLY IMPROVED
Drone air busses will essentially eliminate need for infrastructure while providing unparalleled service.
Zipline-type guideways will reduce infrastructure costs by more than 75%.
Here is how:
Helicopters (and quadcopters) cruise at energy efficiencies(passenger miles per gallon) less than one fourth that of trains and fixed-wing aircraft. Even the V-22 Osprey has a cruising efficiency of only about one third that of fixed-wing aircraft due to complexity, heavy weight, and non-optimal design features.
HS-Drone technology enables vertical takeoff and landing to use simple designs to transition to fixed wing flight with efficiencies equal to that of the best trains and aircraft; in fact, it should be able to exceed the efficiencies of the best available alternatives. The resided in the combination of lifting-body fuselage designs and patent-pending tiltwing technology for transition. See HS-Drone.com.
Terretrans (aircraft) incorporates lift-generating surfaces on fuselages, this results in:
- up to a doubling of aircraft fuel economy,
- a new generation of ultra-low-cost battery-powered aircraft,
- takeoff and landing at less than 200 meters allowing service from several locations within any given city or village,
- improved levels of safety due to lack of liquid fuel on vehicle and sustained flight a speeds down to 50 mph, and
- an air transit options without security waits and the need to show up early for your flight (immediately faster and more enjoyable).
Terreplane Technologies, LLC is a Research and Development company with over two dozen patentable claims on core and ancillary technologies summarized in two published PCT patent applications and a series of provisional applications to be converted to a third PCT patent application. Licensing of technology is available.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
Core R&D activities include the following:
- 3D printing of prototype vehicles and hardware up to 3 feet dimensions,
- Wind tunnel testing and characterization of vehicles,
- Composite molding using self-assembling electromagnetic cores for open-sided coil linear induction motors (LIM) that provide propulsion along zipline cables,
- Testing of and characterization of open-sided LIMs, and
- Assembly and testing of remote control 3D-printed Terretrans aircraft.
YOUR CITY, STATE, COUNTRY
Terreplane Technology is ultimately a disruptive technology, but first it is constructive. Strategic and inexpensive installations can enhance the infrastructure already in place. Installations such as:
- A bridge that costs $20 million instead of $200 million.
- A "superport network" that connects multiple airports and main train stations in a 100 km radius with 10-minute, on-demand connection times.
- A Terretrans (airplane) version of Megabus/Flixbus with $30 flights of 100-400 km distance without the queues and hassel of airport security.
- Addition of a Terretrane guideway as a "piggyback" to an existing aerial tram system with extensions for faster and extended transit.
Social Media Links
- 1. Railbound vehicles for public and freight transport (471)
- 3. Subassemblies and components (3315)
- 10. Services (937)