Automation in Rail VehiclesSelectron offers TCMS system solutions for automation in rail vehicles. We specialize in control, network, and communication technology. Our key areas of focus are systems, components, and applications according to safety standards.
Our range of services include programmable controllers such as vehicle control units, driver's cab displays, remote I/Os, and wireless technologies. Plus, communication networks according to network standards like Ethernet, CAN, CANopen, and WTB/MVB for the train control (TCMS). The range of services include: Concept planning, system integration, consulting, project analysis, cost analysis, technical specifications, project management, product development, application programming, commissioning, documentation, and training. Our customers are rail vehicle manufacturers, vehicle operators, and subsystem suppliers.
As a systems supplier, we maintain close customer contact and place great emphasis on partnerships. Selectron products are renowned for their longevity, flexibility, open interfaces, and efficiency; our engineering team analyzes the wishes and requirements of our customers both objectively and extensively.
Selectron customers benefit from our years of experience – our first commercial operations in the field of rail vehicle automation began way back in 1982.
Who is Selectron Systems AG?
Selectron is a Swiss company and member of the Knorr-Bremse group. We are IRIS Rev. 02 and TÜV certified and offer:
- 60 years' experience in electronics and programming
- More than 120 employees – around 80% of whom are engineers and technicians
- TCMS solutions according to the latest international standards
- Optimized systems – according to established safety standards – helping to simplify vehicle homologation and maintenance
- 100% "burn-in"
- 20% of sales are invested into research and development
- Efficient, partnership-based support for our customers
- Independent of machine manufacturers and system integrators
- International workforce that enables global communication
- 100% focus on the rail vehicle market
As specialists, our expertise is available worldwide.
- Certified quality management since 1994
- Our focus is geared strongly toward RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, and Safety)
- ISO 9001 since 1994
- Certified development processes according to EN 61508, SIL 3, EN 50129 SAS2, EN 50128 SSAS2 since 2007
- IRIS Rev. 02 since 2012
Modules and services are deployed with great success in new rail vehicles, in vehicle subsystems, and in modernization projects.
Some application examples:
- Door control
- Anti-skid/wheel slide protection
- Traction control
- Service brake
- Fault detection
- Data storage
- Heating, air conditioning, ventilation
- Wet cell control
- Vehicle speed control
- Wireless communication
- Vehicle bus networks
- Train bus networks
- Lighting control
Stadler Rail, Plasser & Theurer, Robel, Bombardier Canada, Bombardier Europe, Changchun Railway Vehicles (CRC) China, Huashi China, Puzhen Rolling Stock Works China, Alstom LHB, Pesa, Skoda, Firema, Remar Pascani, RENFE/ALSTOM, Siemens Transportation, KONCAR, Swiss Federal Railways SBB, SNCF, Austrian State Railways ÖBB , Vossloh, VPS, BZB, HzL, LOSTR, City Tram Warsaw, Voith Turbo, Protec, Swiss railways (e.g., RhB, BLS, MGB, MOB), BHEL, CSR, Downer EDI, Electric Engineering GmbH, EMFER, Fogtec, GLG, Medcom, Medel, Metrowagonmash, Musfeld, Systemtech Schneider, TecSol, Tüvasaş, and others.
For more information about us and our products, please visit our homepage.