CAF - Construcciones y Auxiliar de Ferrocarrilles S.A.
CAF, Comprehensive Rail SolutionsCAF is one of the international benchmarks in the implementation of comprehensive rail transit systems. Proximity and awareness of customers' needs allow CAF to design comprehensive and complete high added-value solutions, developed based on the company's own state-of-the-art technologies, tailored to meet the specific needs of each Transport Authority, minimizing operating cycle costs.
CAF provides comprehensive project and engineering management throughout all stages of the project including feasibility analysis, system design, civil works, signalling, electrification and other electromechanical systems, rolling stock supply and system operation & maintenance.
In terms of rolling stock, CAF designs, manufactures and maintains high speed trains, regional and commuter trains, metros units, trams, LRVs and locomotives. Among the latest contracts of the company, highlights include the following projects:
- Supply of 48 Urbos trams for De Lijn, Belgium
- Supply of 10 Inneo metros for Transportes Metropolitanos de Barcelona (TMB)
- Supply of 30 LRVs for Manila, The Philippines
- Supply of 9 EMUs for Zweckverband Schönbuchbahn (ZVS), Germany
- Supply of 20 additional trams for Storstockholm Lokaltrafik AB, Sweden
- Supply of 4 trams for Cosenza, Italy
- Supply of 11 trams for the City of Seattle, USA
- Supply and maintenance of 15 EMUs for Auckland Transport, New Zealand
- Supply and maintenance of 15 metro units for the city of Napoli, Italy
- Supply of 26 Civity diesel trains for West Midlands, UK
- Supply of 18 Urbos trams for Mauritius Metro Express, Republic of Mauritius
- Supply of Urbos tramways for the city of Vitoria/Gasteiz, Spain
At the moment, CAF is manufacturing the new Urbos trams for Mauritius Metro Express project. CAF's scope of supply includes 18 bi-directional 100% low-floor trams comprising 7 modules each, signalling system, automatic vehicle location system (AVLS), transit signal priority system (TSPS), depot equipment and a driving simulator. This turnkey project in the Republic of Mauritius will connect its five major cities with a route of 26 km with 19 stations, 2 of which will be state-of-the-art elevated stations.
Other significant milestones of the company include the concession of Mexico's Suburban Railway System 1 and the construction of Mexico D.F. - Toluca commuter line.
CAF operates production facilities in Spain, France, USA, Brazil and Mexico to implement these projects. The company will open a new factory at Newport in south Wales, UK, in the second semester of 2018.
For further information, please visit our website.
Social Media Links
- 1. Railbound vehicles for public and freight transport (471)
- 3. Subassemblies and components (3315)