Early detection instead of shutdown: Bender is partner of railway operatorsParticularly in the railway sector electrical safety plays a crucial role. An undetected insulation fault often means unexpected downtime or an increased risk of fire and may generate delay minutes. In addition, unplanned service visits of maintenance teams are expensive in terms of time and money.
With integrated system solutions, Bender provides proven, tried-and-tested and reliable solutions worldwide in order to
- make maintenance measures and budgets predictable through prospective analysis
- guarantee high system availability by preventive intervention
- recognise critical operating and system states immediately
- guarantee the safety and reliability of persons and systems
- reduce risks of failure and operational interruptions to a minimum.
A portable and/or permanently installed Bender insulation fault location system identifies the location of the fault in a fast and uncomplicated way even during the running operating process. This is to say, railway operators benefit from a considerably drop down of costs for maintenance as well as of a reduction of costs produced by unnecessary interruptions.
For the British rail system Bender offers an insulation fault locator integrated in an insulation monitoring device. The monitoring system, developed to control relay stations and locations along the railway network, continually monitors insulation values to show real time status of the power supply system. By means of the generated pulsating current maintenance teams are directly guided to the area of the power system which has the fault. Portable EDS devices are used to pinpoint the location of the insulation fault on site.
Bender GmbH & Co. KG is a globally active medium-sized family company and leading provider of top-class electrical safety products and solutions. The range covers applications in the field of machinery and plant engineering, mobility for electric or hybrid vehicles, energy generation and distribution, regenerative energy extraction and applications in building technology and various other industrial areas. Solutions for safe and reliable power supply in the medical sector are one of the key focus areas for products. Bender is represented in more than 70 countries around the world, with its own companies in 12 countries. It currently employs worldwide 700 people and records an annual turnover of 100 million euros. More than 15 percent of the employees work in research and development. Production is at two sites in Germany. Bender GmbH & Co. KG has its headquarters and innovation centre in Gruenberg, Hesse, and is 100 percent family-owned.
Bender offers products for the following railway applications:
Unearthed power supplies
Insulation monitoring and insulation fault location, e.g.
- Control voltage systems of pole-mounted switches
- Signal boxes and railway signalling systems
- Control voltage systems for railway crossings
- Electrical safety in tunnels in the event of disasters
- Power supply for automatic train control systems
- Switchpoint heating systems
- Monitoring of on-board systems on locomotives and block trains
- Residual/fault current monitoring
- Monitoring of central earthing points
- Monitoring in accordance with safety regulation DGUV Vorschrift 3 (BGV A3)
- Power Quality Monitoring
- Workshops and administrative buildings
- IT centres
- Signalling systems and signal boxes
- 3. Subassemblies and components (3315)
- 6. Infrastructure / Railway Construction (2270)
- 11. Tunnel Construction (470)