ACRI is an organization associating companies engaged in the Czech railway supply industry. The association is a member of UNIFE - Union of European Railway Industries.
ACRI represents joint interests of the railway supply industry towards Czech and EU institutions, rail operators, rail infrastructure managers and many other business relations and via UNIFE also towards the EU institutions. ACRI associated companies currently employ more than 19,000 employees in the Czech Republic and generate an annual turnover almost CZK 80 billion. The share of export on the total turnover is 50 %. The companies contribute with business activities considerably to the employment and the gross domestic product in the Czech Republic.
The ACRI members are the companies dealing with:
- development, construction, production and maintenance of rail vehicles
- construction, modernization of rail infrastructure
- research, design, production, assembly, reconstruction and servicing in the field of signalling, safety, information and telecommunication systems for rail transport
- suppliers of railway components, materials and services
- research centres and testing laboratories
- related services